Thursday, February 4, 2010

What to do...

I was thinking about our stroller and car seat and thinking it really would be fun to have one that was more cute and girly but that there's no reason we need NEW ones when ours is in great shape and practically new. So I started investigating options and I found that you can order replacement covers for your car seat and stroller!

Brilliant I say. Don't have one more big thing taking up space but get a fresh new look.


Problem: The replacements only cost about 50.00 less then a brand spanking new travel system. So who ever the brilliant person was who decided to make them available didn't really go to any great lengths to make them affordable.

Dilema: No we don't need 2 strollers but with our current vehicle situation and the necessity of me getting rides all the time from different people having 2 car seats is a HUGE life saver! because then I'm not always stuck at home because I FORGOT to take it out of the car before K.C. left. and the 50.00 dollars we would be saving by ordering just the pads wouldn't be enough to get us a nice rear facing car seat so if we ended up buying one of those too we wouldn't have saved a thing!

I don't really know what I'm worried about though just because I found the option doesn't necessarily mean that we would be able to do something like that right now. So mostly I'm just bummed out about it because it's not the steal of a deal I was hoping for. It could have been amazing though.

3 comments:

  1. I feel that whoever came up with that neat little dilemma causer was a stinker! How could the covers cost more than seat when they're making them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make the carseat cover yourself, maybe? I have no idea how to do that, but I know other people have done it. Much cheaper than buying it from someone, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom made covers for the triplets car seats so they all matched and were reversiable So very easy and cheap. You could make one yourself just find the fabric you want.

    ReplyDelete