Thursday, February 11, 2010

I love making things!

Over the last month I have been a busy bee. I haven't felt very good so I've tried to come up with things to keep my self busy and keep my mind off of things. Here's what I've done:

I crocheted this baby blanket:

 
  
I tried this new edge that I really like. I had to make up how to go around the corners, but I think it turned out pretty good.

Booties
When I was in AZ they had a craft / project day and everyone had something to work on but me. So we found some yarn and I crocheted these without a pattern....
(Not perfect I know but for making them up and never having done anything like it before, or even seen it done, I like them.) I think I'm still going to add a strap though... we'll see.
 

I didn't make this next one but it's part of my "organizational spurt"

Bobby Pin Tin
I have bobby pins in my hair all the time, and I usually forget to take them out till I'm already in bed. So the natural solution is to take them out and drop them on the floor to be picked up 'later.' (right). But even if I were to pick them up I have no good place to put them so they end up in random piles around the bathroom or just lost.

Problem solved with the Bobby Pin Tin!

I have one by my bed, and one in the bathroom. AND if I'm running late and need to do some getting ready in the car, they are ultra transportable and have LIDS so they won't spill in the car! Love it. It makes me happy every time I take out a bobby pin now.

We even hung the picture that we got back in May when we were on our cruise!
I love K.C. so much. It's fun to have little reminders around to see every day.

  

Hair Bow Organization! 
I was tired of these bows laying around and getting lost or crumpled... But I didn't have a lot of time or money to come up with a really creative solution so I hung some ribbon on the wall. I have plans for improvements, but for now, SO much better! Now I just need to add more bows...
  

I finally got planner refills. I feel like I can have order in my life now. I didn't realize how much I write things down, until I had nowhere to write them.
  

Art
I'm finally drawing Craig! I always forget how much I love drawing till I start doing it again. I've never done one for my self though so I hope that I'm not too critical of it and that it turns out.
  

Baby Quilt
And last (for this post :) a baby quilt. I was able to get the material with some birthday money that I had and so I once again made up what to do. I ended up borrowing a sewing machine (thanks shannon) because my is a suffering from being dropped. and quilted it on a machine. Very beginner work here but all I have to do is finish the hem and it's done!
 

I'm not sure why but I've had the funnest time lately FINISHING projects and getting organized. Not just getting organized but staying organized. I love the fresh clean, free feeling of looking around my clean house and being free to think of something fun to do or make rather than be depressed with all of the little house keeping things that I'm NOT doing.

I think that having parts of the house so clean is what is motivating me to scheme and dream up organizational things for the rest of the house. So every chance I get to do or make something that will simplify a mess... I love it.

Like I said I don't know how long it will last but I've been trying so hard and not letting things stay messy and picking things up right away... I hope it lasts, but I'm not going to get stressed out about it, I'm just going to have fun with it (I'm even enjoying the cleaning because everything has, or is beginging to get, a place!)

Well I have another project that I started today. I need to find some ribbon and then I'll finish it and post pictures. I have a whole list (in my nifty planner :) of ideas and projects to work on so I'm sure there will be more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Celeste your really making some very CUTE things and like crazy. way to be creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to finish the blankets - way cute! And you make such cute crafty things - very impressive how you get so many things done all the time.

    ReplyDelete