Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

There have been many funny memorable things happen today, most of which weren't exactly what I had planned:

 
K.C. gave me these beautiful roses! It never fails to make me happy!

I was going to get up and make breakfast in bed for K.C....Well because of the fact that we painted our garage yesterday and finished around midnight and then had to move all our stuff back INTO the garage so it wasn't out on the driveway, we didn't get to bed till late and true to form I didn't fall asleep till after 4am. At around 4:15 Craig came and crawled into bed with us and basically kept me awake the rest of the night. K.C. is super fast at turning off the alarm before it has a chance to disturb us (haha!) so we ended up waking up at 8:30 and church started at 9. We were out of the door all dressed and ready by 9:02. So we were a little late, very tired but happy to be feeling good enough to be at church. And that's how breakfast ended up being reduced to toast and peaches.

Yesterday while we were working on the garage every time K.C. would run to Home Depot for something I'd run inside and work on the little surprises that I had planned for him. I was planning on having an amazing Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Pie to surprise him with after church but it needed to 'set up' for several hours so I decided to do it last night. Brilliant.

I was successfully able to get the pie made and into a safe hiding spot in the fridge last night. It was going to be perfect.

We got home from church, had lunch:
 

I gave him some "love pills" (Reeses M&M) in a home made pill bottle.
  
And then after That I pulled out the pie!
 
Not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but I couldn't wait to taste it!

He grabbed a kitchen knife and started to cut it, and cut it some more and saw on it a little and finally he got up and got a serrated steak knife!

What kind of a pie requires a steak knife to cut?!?!

After much effort we finally got it broke apart. I guess the chocolate layer in the bottom turned into a candy bar type chocolate and after being refrigerated for many hours was quite solid!


It's so rich (and hard to break pieces off of :) that you can only handle a little of it at a time. But it sure is yummy! And it makes me smile every time I think about it... A steak knife?

We had a delightful 3 hour nap! Then we went out to mom and dads and had a grand time laughing and talking about lots of things. It was a very good, Valentines Day even if nothing went as planned.

1 comment:

  1. Yah, but if you're going to post a picture of a cake like that... what about the recipe?!?

    ReplyDelete