Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conference Efforts and the Fun Box

This year I wanted Conference to be more pleasant than it has the last couple of times. So I came prepared. My friend sent me an awesome conference packet that I printed off and had ready for Craig to use. And I got a Box of simple projects prepared that I call the "Sunday the Fun Day Box" This is the special box full of delightful things that is only allowed to be opened on Sunday. Hopefully this will increase Craigs opinion of the day!

Well I think the over all result was a success. I can't say that I was able to listen with undivided attention to every talk, but I was able to be in the same room without frustrations rising. I was able to help Craig get excited about it and I was able to come away feeling encouraged and uplifted. For this point in my life and what I have to work with, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Some of the things we did were look for hidden music notes when the songs were playing, color pictures of the apostles when the spoke and later make them into a paper chain. We made clay animals. K.C. wrestled with Savannah. We colored pictures and so much more.



Look at that face! There's something really neat about seeing such joy in a child's eyes. Especially when it's your child. And it's a result of something nice that you're trying to do. Makes it so worth it!






 


I usually try to do my own form of Craft during conference because strangely this helps me remember the talks. So I did prepare all the things I would need if I ever had the chance to use them. And although they sat, ready and waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I only felt down about the lost opportunity a few times. I guess the portrait of Craig that I've been working on for the last year will just have to wait some more! It was different but it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment