Monday, April 25, 2011

A God of Miracles

I believe in miracles! See I'm going to be taking pictures at my sister-in-laws wedding in a few weeks but due to my recent camera upgrade (the warranty replaced my 50D with a 60D!!!!!) All of my accessories like the remote shutter control, battery grip, extra batteries, etc don't fit my new camera.

These are not necessities but they sure do make a photo shoot a lot easier. I decided that I would try to sell all of my old equipment and my Rebel camera to try and get enough money to buy the new pieces. I have NEVER had any luck selling things but this was kind of important to me so I tried it.

They had been on Craigslist and in a local camera store for weeks and I was starting to get worried because I had to order the new stuff if I wanted it to get here before the wedding. But there wasn't even anyone who was interested.

So yesterday I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father that it would really mean a lot if I could sell my stuff soon. Not a big deal right? But at the same time, to me it was.

Well today I woke up from putting Craig down for a nap (haha) to K.C. telling me someone was asking about my battery grip. He said he'd think about it and as soon as I hung up with him I got a text about my rebel and then a call from someone who said they'd pay cash for my rebel if I could meet them in 20 minutes! I was a little shocked! ME? Actually selling something from Craigs list? Wonder of wonders it actually happened!

But the neatest part was I was able to use the money to replace every single piece that no longer fit! It was enough with some left over! AND it will even get here before we leave for AZ. You can't tell me that my prayer wasn't answered!

It's so powerful to me when I have an experience like that where something so insignificant and unimportant, in the grand scheme of things, works out so perfectly and so completely. I feel so loved and it reminds me that God isn't there only for the BIG things. And that He really does want us to be happy, not just surviving but happy. I don't know it's almost more impacting to me when a personal and non-essential request is answered than the big ones, because then it's even more obvious that he loves ME and that He cares about what I feel. I'm so blessed.

What a wonderfully good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment