Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh Savannah, don't you cry for me

Poor Savannah.

She has a fever and just wants to cuddle with me. She's drooling (which I was surprised to realize surprised me! Craig was a never ending fountain of moisture and I just hadn't noticed recently that Savannah is a very dry non-drooly non-spitting baby. In fact I've all but stopped carrying around a burp cloth because she just doesn't ever need it.) Any ways, she's fevery and drooly and droopy and if left on her own, quite sad. I fear a tooth is coming on. I haven't been able to get a good look or feel for that matter at her mouth so I don't know that for sure but I do think that she's working on one.

I like that she's a mama's girl today but I don't much like that she has to be so sad at the same time. Poor thing.

But on the up side here's a few belated updates about her recent achievements that I haven't posted yet:

Crawling EVERYWHERE She is a certified hands and knees crawler! Several weeks ago I think Mid November sometime this became her preffered mode of travel. Up untill then the army crawl is what she did about half the time. It is pretty cute to watch her follow Craig around.

She's been getting adventuresome too. If I put her down in the living room and then go into the kitchen pretty soon she's pulling on my pant leg wanting me to pick her up. She'll Crawl into the office and find K.C. too it's fun to have her being more independent.

UP! That's a big thing for her right now. Crawling around is fine. Playing on the floor is fine but the real fun in life comes when you can stand up! She will pull herself up on anything and walk along beside it. She even stood by herself without holding on to something for the first time about a week ago. She's done it a couple of times since but she's been rather clingy and not feeling good for the last several days so she'd rather be cuddled up on my shoulder than exploring, and I don't blame her.

SCRUNCH! Oh the scrunch! This deserves a post all its own. Savannah has the funniest little scrunchy face that she's been doing lately. She scrunches her nose and lifts her top lip and makes a little squawk. I don't know where she got it but it's sure cute. You'll have to see a picture to understand the funniness of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment