Friday, January 21, 2011

Bed Time

Craig is moving to a wonderful new phase in life where we can read him a story for bed time (or nap time) and then get up and leave and he'll stay there and go right to sleep! He used to do it this way and then stopped so I'm really enjoying it again!

However he also LOVES to come into our bed. So we are constantly coming up with ideas of how to get him to stay in his bed all night. The times that he's staying in his room all night are increasing but not as quickly as K.C. and I would like.

When I was putting him down tonight I read - well actually he 'read' meaning recited 2 whole reader books to me practically word for word. Then we read a scripture story and before I could get to the end he said "Then Nephi stretched out his hand and Shocked Laman and Lemuel and then they knew that he had the power of God. And they didn't throw him in the sea!"

I didn't know he knew that one! I love surprises like that! Anyways. I got up and left and told him I'd come back to check on him in a while.

I leave.

a few minutes later I hear the clank of cars from his room and some moving about. (tonight he was going to bed with a bag of cars and this was the source of the noise).

I go to check on him. And see him jump into bed.

"Craig what are you doing?"

"Mama I thought you said you were going to bed!"

The story came out he was on his way to our room when he saw us in the office and hurried back to bed.

"I'll go to bed after you fall asleep Craig."

I leave.

Many minutes later, I go check again.

He's laying on his bed with his eyes closed and looks fast asleep. Perfect! Love that kid! Then I hear...

"Mama, I'm asleep, will you go to bed now so I can come in?"

I still love that kid. I love that he loves being with us. I love that he is so sweet. I love that he tries his best to do everything just right. And I have to admit that I also love to see how he thinks about things and realize that he's using my words against me and reasoning me into a corner! Even though I get stuck sometimes I still think of it as a success because that little genius is MY KID! Yes I love him.

1 comment: