Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The little man turns 3

First let me just say... I love my little boy! Even though I don't always remember to stop and play and even though I sometimes wish he would just quit asking over and over again, even though there's a million things that I could do better to show him I love him... I know he loves me and I know that my world would never be complete without him. He's the greatest little guy I know and I'm SO proud to be his mommy!


Small confession to make. one of the reasons I've procrastinated this post is because, well for his birthday we ended up taking about, um.... well about 700 pictures. It's just a little daunting to go through that many!


Here we go.

On his birthday morning we planned to get up early and decorate his door with crepe paper and balloons so that he'd have to 'break out' in the morning. But we didn't exactly wake up when we thought. Partially because I was up a lot of the night making his last 2 birthday presents so we were tired.

We had just got up when Craig came running into our room. He had been talking about his birthday all week and we kept telling him how many more days he had to wait. So today he hesitantly came and said "Mama.... is it... is it my birthday?"


When I told him "Yes!" he was overjoyed and screamed with delight. I tried to detain him in our bathroom while K.C. went to and from our room getting our door ready (since that's the room he was in).


I wasn't sure if Craig's personality would lend to 'breaking through' the door, because that almost borders on violent and he's not a big fan of that. So I had been talking with him about Lightning McQueen when he came breaking through the piston cup sign. He thought that sounded like great fun and decided that I was Chick Hicks and Daddy was Mr the King.




Here's a video of the big break through! I didn't really expect him to JUMP through it so I wasn't fast enough with the camera. I did get his feet though!



Then we went to the birthday board. And he picked his last bag from the handle to see what he got.

I forgot to turn the board around till half way through the day. This is what the back looked like though.
 
Yeah I know it has a pink bow... but we all have to share the same board so I didn't think it would be too big a deal!

After Breakfast we took hand prints and foot prints.

 (love the blue tongue and orange paint!)


I put them on scrapbook paper to put in their scrapbooks and wrote their weight, height, and age on the page too. Next year we'll compare and see how they've grown!

{ Craig }
Weight: 32 lbs
Height: 3ft 1/2inch
Age: 3

We went to Creative Minds with Annie and Elle and Wanda. It's a really cool place for kids to play. It just opened up here in St. George. I hope we get to go back sometime. It was fun. It's like a miniature world for kids. Here's some of what we did there.  

 Craig LOVED the little store

 I think this picture is SO cute!

Annie and Elle were having way too much fun!
I love my sisters. Wanda was taking pictures and I just realized that there weren't any of her! 
Shame on you Wand! Sorry! But you took some great ones!








 haha!





 He was trying to flap his wings and fly!


 
 I love to watch K.C. with the kids. He is such a good daddy. I'm so happy to be his wife! 
Man I love that man. :)

 proof! I was there! haha.

Then we went out to my parents house and had a birthday party for him where we opened his presents and had cake. It was just family at the party and it was lots of fun.

 Trying on his bike helmet while it was still in it's packaging. It makes it look like a really funny baseball cap.

 You can always count on a good smile from K.C. when Wanda has the camera!

 And a good face or two!

 Grandpa.... I love my dad! He is the perfect grandpa for my kids and they love him to pieces. I'm so glad that they are so close and love each other so much. My kids are sure lucky! Love you dad!

The night before Craig's birthday I finally decided that I wasn't going to just think about making Craig presents I was going to DO it! Last minute things are just the way it has to happen sometimes.

So I made him a crayon carrier that folds in half and rolls up. I like it.

And a CAR carrier!
I was so pleased with how it turned out! It folds in half to hold the cars in and then in half again and he can carry it by the handles.

It works great for church because then he can drive the cars on the soft (not noisy) road and I don't have to worry about who is sitting around us thinking how annoying and noisy the cars are! (BTW I used a pant leg for the jean part! haha. Sometimes I'm SO creative :)

 He is pretty crazy about How to Train Your Dragon right now so he got a hiccup set.
Can you tell that he's happy? 
Cute little viking!

He also got a bike. It's called a glider bike. It doesn't have pedals so that he can learn to push himself around and balance. (After a few weeks he was flying around and balancing great. He can stay balanced on it as long as it is in motion! We're gonna have to get a real bike soon!)


 Look how K.C. and Elle are helping him! Love it!

 And K.C. decided that a pinata was needed too. It was fun but only lasted one round.
 
  He wanted a Lightning McQueen cake this time. 
Perfect? No. But pretty good I'd say.

Then we finished off the day by letting the last people sign his "We love you because" page and write something about him on it
It's such a great way to preserve memories. Remember cute things about him for the last year, AND have a ready made scrapbook page without even having to DO anything on it! Love it. 

I've been wanting to have birthdays be special and memorable and fun and NOT all about presents. So I'm so glad that I found these ideas and was able to get help from people to put them into action. I love the way it turned out and I love all the fun memories we have! I can't wait to do it again!

Happy Birthday Craig!
I love you!

3 comments:

  1. LOL I forgot how fun that day was :D
    well way to go lest you did it:) Happy B-Day Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say you made his day special!! I love all the ideas, especially love the hand and foot print.. pretty sure I plan on doing that now, thank you! and the memorie page.. love that as well!! Im cracking up at the pictures of your sisters going into the ball pit.. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I can't take credit for all of the ideas I found a lot of them on a blog but still. Finding them and then using them has to count for something right?!

    If you haven't yet you should check out the birthday traditions post. It has a ton more ideas that I really liked.

    (P.S. I was logged in as someone else... so if you see this comment twice, sorry :)

    ReplyDelete