Friday, November 21, 2008

On a Cause

As most of you know my good friend Megan is having a battle with cancer right now. She is so amazing! Through all the trials and all the trouble and pain she has been such an inspiration to me! I know she's had her meltdowns and her breakdowns but she's still hanging in there and she's still fighting. And most amazingly to me she is always so optimistic about things and finds a lot of reasons to laugh.

When I lived closer to her I used to think up every excuse I could to 'go on a walk' and 'happen to end up stopping by her house'. (Sorry Meg it was all a plot). I admire her so much and when I was new to the ward she was one of the first people that showed me that she actually cared. I felt an almost instant connection and I'm so sad that my walks now just can't quite span the distance!

OK I'm going to stop talking about that now because all the letters are swimming together! Just believe me she's amazing. Her whole family is amazing and I have been trying so hard to find a way that I can help. Well I found it.

The City of St. George is having a Yard Sale/Bake Sale and everything will go to Megan's family. So my plan is this.

1. I'm going to bake things tonight and possibly early (yes very early) tomorrow morning. (It's just better when they're hot.)

2. (this is a 2 fold benefit here) I'm going to go through my closet. I am so sick of most of what I wear and this would be such a perfect thing to do with it!

3. When we moved into our house we acquired several appliances that we did not want. They are perfectly functional just not what we want and we've been looking everywhere trying to find something, anything to do with them. We can't throw them away and we can't take them to DI... So once again, the perfect solution!

4.
(another probably more selfish plan) I'm going to stock up on all the treasures I can find and thank Megan for causing such a very convenient very large yard sale in one spot where I can guiltlessly spend knowing that it will be going for such a good cause! It's a win win situation!

I wish I could think of more but I only have a few hours left so I'm going to get started. I hope that all of you will come to the Hurst Ben Franklin Parking lot 160 N. 500 w. Tomorrow morning! See ya there!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome plan! How did it turn out? Wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good turn out!

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete