Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Uh Oh

I guess this is what happens when you let the computer become your brain and forget to make a second copy of your schedule somewhere else.

My computer has been acting funny lately and really run down so last night we removed the hard drive that had all of our documents safely stored on it. backed up everything else that we needed and reinstalled windows.

All was fine and well until I went to find out when my next scouting event was (I'm still working on where and when they fall and I always get them mixed up. It doesn't count if you show up for the meeting, but show up at the wrong time and place, prepared for the meeting that's happening the next week. - Yes I have done this). Anyways I found the one flaw in our system. We got everything we needed except the outlook file that contained my calendar and all of the chaotic things in my life.

A good part could be that now I can blissfully go through the day with a very un-obligated freeness...BUT that doesn't work because I still know better. So now I'm starting over and trying to reestablish appointments, birthdays, important events, school breaks, work breaks, scout meetings, primary meetings and other unforgettable things that I can't remember. Wish me luck and I'm sorry if I don't show up to something.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. You're silly! Ha ha. GOOD LUCK!! Love the new layout. Sorry if it's not new. It has been a little while since I've been to your blog...sorry. But, I loved your last comment about how it looked like I was happy. Well, I just wanted to tell you thank you. I totally am! I can't believe you could tell just by looking at a few pictures. Must be really obvious, which means I know for a fact that I really am happy. Can't wait to see you guys when you come down here!

    ReplyDelete