Sunday, August 10, 2008

Playing at the Park

We went to the park that's near our house and K.C. taught me how to do leaf races. I'd never done that before. It was lots of fun.

Round 1: We very carefully crafted our speedy leaf vessels...

Craig was our quality control man.
"This one survived the crash test mom, it should be a good solid rudder."
Then we let dropped them in the raging river (a fierce gushing trickle) AND... They both drowned instantly. Miserable failures!

In case you can't hear what is being said in the movie. I comment on our drowning boats and then K.C. says. "Oh No! Our design principles are POOPY at least when it comes to boats!"


Here are the soggy wrecks!

Round 2. We're going more for aerodynamics and speed this time. (The camera was dying so I only managed to get a shot in here and there.)

This was my 2nd try.
I'm happy to report that after a little practice and some skillful revamping of my "poopy design principles" I WON! Fun times. I love being married.

Then we threw Craig's little football around for a little while and he loved it.
notice the ever-present ring of drool on Craig's shirt.
He always has a constant stream running and where
everhe goes he leaves little wet spot, in this case
on daddy's head
(and in the next picture on his sleeve.)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha. what a fun family activity! I love all the pictures. Congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete