Monday, August 4, 2008

More Please, Thank you

Craig has learned that he can tell me what he wants. (with somethings anyways). He tells me "more" "food" "please" "thank you" "up" and "drink". It is so stinking cute. I don't know if it's the real sign language or not but it's what works for us so I don't mind.


"More" he does by tapping his fingers together in front of him. He does this when I am supposed to sing more, turn on another song, give him more food... I think he's got the program pretty good.

Sometimes he ends up tapping on his thumb
More food

"food" he does by tapping his fingers to his mouth... this often ends up as one finger in the mouth though.

"Please" is a funny one. He was starting to grab things from me and fuss if I didn't let him take them. So one day I decided to play a game with him and try to break this bad habit before it got fully formed. I would hold my hand out palm up and ask him to "please" give me my phone (which was the coveted item). I would then help him to give it to me. Right away I would help him hold his hand out in the same way and ask me to "please" give it to him. I repeated this about ten times and by the end he was doing it on his own.

he knows that he's not supposed to fuss to get something and he has to ask nicely or say "please". So if he wants something REALLY bad he will make excited noises and say 'please!' with both hands. It gets so exuberant that his hands end up back by his ears somewhere! Now that is saying please! This is very dangerous however. He's so stinking cute and he asks so sweetly how can I say 'no'?!
More food PLEASE

Please can I have that ball?

PLEASE!
"Thank you" he does by placing his fingers on his mouth and then lowering his hand. It ends up looking like he's blowing kisses.

Thank you Mama!

I don't have pictures of the others yet. I'm sure they'll come.

1 comment: