Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why is it growing?

I was under this silly impression that we were approaching winter, apparently my yard can't figure that out.

We recently figured out that our timer that was 'supposed' to be watering our yard, wasn't working right so we haven't watered ANYTHING for over 2 months. Even with the lack of watering my flowers are still in full bloom and looking great. The yard wasn't looking so hot but I was attributing it to 'winter time' not 'lack of water' we turned the water back on and it suddenly started to turn green. (I thought it was just never going to grown period. Glad to know it might live!)

But what surprised me the most is that our garden has long been dead and we gave up watering it 2-3 months ago. But Last week sometime I realized that one of our tomato plants was refusing to die. In fact it was thriving. So I turned the water on for minute that day, and then promptly forgot about it again.

Well I went out there today and guess what I find:

Strawberries on the vine


Green beans
(O.K. so there are only 3 of them but that plant NEVER produced a bean in it's life and now it is a shriveled yellow STICK. Where did the beans come from?)


and get this... OVER 20 tomatoes!


So I again turned on the water. I guess we'll see what happens. Silly little yard.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I almost couldn't type this comment I was laughing so hard.
    So, the girls, papa and I are looking forward to seeing your amazing garden.

    ReplyDelete