Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Who's been eating my tomatoes?

So when we got home from our trip to AZ I went out to check on our garden. Ammon had been watering it while we were gone so I figured all would be fine and dandy.

But then...
Just glancing at that picture you might not realize what is so wrong with it. But let me tell you there is most definitely something wrong. This tomato plant is supposed to have large lovely beautiful green leaves all over it, picture kind of like a tree. Not just a bunch of sticks!!!

It looked like some one had just started munching on the leaves, literally. I mean look at this:
Doesn't that look like some one just took a bite? I'd told Ammon that he could eat our tomatoes while we were gone but I wasn't thinking that he'd eat the PLANT!










And then, we found the culprit!


This bad boy had been going to town on my poor tomatoes!
I'm not kidding it was about the same size as my longest finger, and about the same size around too. He was HUGE and he certainly wasn't starving!

P.S. If you have tomatoes and are having a problem like this, we have the stuff that can liven up your plants and chase these guys away. They will fall right off the plant and run away. (we didn't have any on hand to use but my dad did it with his tomatoes and said they left and never came back.)

2 comments: