Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's working!

For 3 weeks now I have been going to the gym several times a week! This is something that I've always wanted to do but never had the guts to do. I am taking lots of group exercises classes and I've always been to chicken to do it by myself.

But somehow I found the courage to just make myself do it and forget about all the people staring at me. Because really who notices what everyone else is doing when they are having to follow an instructor. That takes a lot of concentration!

The first class I went to to start off my exercises routine gently was Power X. I could hardly move the rest of the week! I found out later that Power X means P90X! It was NOT a gently 'lets get started' class! I must admit I haven't found the motivation to go back to that one. I mean I'm not in shape, AT ALL and I was doing push-ups with my feet on a chair and my hands on dumbbells! I was holding myself in a push up/plank position and walking across the floor moving only my hands and ankles! I was JUMPING clear from a full squat as high as I could with a half turn and then returning to the squat, over and over and over and over! In short I almost died!

Who knows I might be able to do it again but as an intro... it was a bit much. Anyways I've been having tons of fun trying new things and feeling like I am actually doing something about being fit instead of just feeling depressed and WISHING that I was doing something. It's gives me a great sense of accomplishment to be DOING something.

I'm usually one of those people who says:

"Ready.... Aim.... Aim.... Aim.... Aim...."

or worse yet

"Ready... Shoot! (Aim.)"

I've even been able to go with people I know sometimes and that makes it so much better! So if you're ever wanting to go to the gym I'd love some company! I don't have an established routine yet because I've been trying a bunch of different classes but I try to do something just about every day. So don't be shy, I'd love the company.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a membership somewhere? I'm always looking for someone to work out with, but no one goes to Golds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have a membership at the Rec Center but it's about to expire. I'm trying to decide if we can renew it or not. Maybe I'll have to check into Golds

    ReplyDelete