Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

We had a crazy 4th of July weekend this year. Since we couldn't find anything fun and FREE to do in this area we headed to Hurricane where they actually have a parade! It was fun to see.

They drove the 'royalty' around in this:
It was hilarious because the driver was having the time of his life lifting the bucket up and down, and swinging the tractor around trying to scare the girls. It was great entertainment.

This was a particularly interesting one. the "quiltmobile." It looked like they just glued a quilt to the car. But that sure doesn't make any sense for things like, oh let me see... rain?
Craig had a grand time waving at all of them and saying "ba bye!" This picture is a smile, a yawn and a 'ba bye' all in one. Crazy kid!
Then we migrated to the park where there was a candy canon. So fun. Except for the part where all of the hard candy's fall out of the sky and land on your head, or the head of your young child. I spent much of this activity acting as a human shield.

The candy would shoot out of this canon
(and I caught it mid flight!):
Candy flying through the sky:
So thrilled that he actually got one!
(It was a mad house with mostly adults pushing and shoving to get all the candy for their children.)

Can you tell how excited he is? This face cracks me up!
I guess he thought I couldn't see them good enough because he brought them closer and shoved them right into the camera! A very nice close up of his prizes. Thank you Craig.My boys. I love them so much!

One of the rare pictures that I actually like of myself! Yay me.


Craig and his Aunts, Annie and Elle.
They are such good buds.


No matter what is going on, Craig always takes good care of grandma. And in this case that means taking his candy out of his mouth to share with her!
{ she didn't actually eat it! Dad managed to whisk it away}

The bike that my dad built out of PVC so that he and mom could ride together. Here my brothers Ammon and Nephi are riding it around the park with our ingenious new marketing banner on the back. Too bad you can't see it very good. It's hilarious.
Craig's First Race!
Ready, Set, GO...

He could hardly see me in the sea of humanity crowded at the finish line so he didn't start running until most of the kids were more than half way across. The the lady in front of me moved a little so he could see me and he took off!

I'm sure he came in close to last, but it was fun for him to do it. Afterwards he kept talking about how he was fast like a race car! It's so fun to hear what he comes up with now that he can talk so much better.
Then K.C.'s sister Kaylea and her Boyfriend came with 2 kids each and we hung out at our place a little before going to watch the fireworks. It was fun for Craig to get to play with Brodey and Bryson. He hardly gets to see them but he recognizes them from the pictures we show him.

(we asked him if he was going to share his toys with them when they got here and he said "Eggo share a book with Brodey!" and then as soon as they walked in he ran, grabbed a book and gave it to Brodey. It was cute.)

We all went up on top of a mountain after that to watch the 2 fireworks shows and have a picnic with the whole group. While we were waiting for Kaylea and Mike to get there I played with my camera.

I love this picture

He's getting so big.

Our picnic spot.
Cool Sunset


I had fun learning how to use the time exposure on my camera.

St. George lights


Let the fireworks Begin!



It was fun to have Kaylea and Mike here and their kids. It just so happened that my sister came down to stay with my parents the next day and my Aunt and Uncle too. Mom and dad usually come over to our house for Sunday dinner and so they brought a whole passel of people with them this time.

We fed 21 people out of one small crock pot, some corn on the cob and a salad from our garden. It was lots of fun but it was also a lot of people running around and I realized just how hard it is to split your attention equally between all of your guests. I hope no one felt left out.

After most everyone left and the kids were in bed we played Guesstures with Kaylea and Mike. That game is always a hoot. So there you have it, our holiday weekend. Just one crazy whirlwind of fun.

4 comments:

  1. This is one of the longest blog posts I have ever read. But I did read it, because it was funny with lots of cute pictures! The first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's nice to know that someone reads this thing! And I'm flattered that you would read that whole post, I was surprised how long it was when I finished. Thanks, You totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks like you had a lot of fun :) I sure do miss you people (yes Kc even you). i sure hope all is going good. love you all
    tell every one i say "HI"
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some nice shots! Oh, and the guy with the candy canon, he's my friend's dad!

    ReplyDelete