Tuesday, July 21, 2009

AZ Fun

We just got back from a weekend in AZ. And although it's still blazing hot here... It feels like blessed cool. K.C. and I both suffered from heat exhaustion while we were there. It was tons of fun to visit but we are so glad to be home.

Here's some of the highlights.

Hoover Dam, we were actually going to stop and look at it this time but Craig fell asleep 5 min. before we got there so we pressed on.

They are making a lot of progress! They may actually finish it someday.

When Craig woke up we stopped on the side of the road and ran around to stretch our legs. K.C. and Craig climbed this huge rock.

And of course Craig had to copy daddy!

I love my boy, and I'm so glad he loves me too!

I thought this turned out kinda fun!

Craig with his Great Grandpa Hunt. It was fun to stay at his house for a few nights while we were there.

Me being brave and trying the whole, flower in the hair thing. I'm trying to just be confident but I still feel like it's hard for me to pull off.

My little Craigo was so sweet the whole trip. Every time I braced myself and 'just knew' a break down was coming he would always surprise me and happily and sweetly respond.

Even with traveling in the middle of the day while he was bored and awake he was sweet and didn't even cry. We found lots of fun games to play and he had a blast finding all the semi's on the road and saying "Hi Mack! Eggo found Mack!" We would race them too.

This may have been a bad game to start because now every single time he sees a big truck he gets all excited and starts exclaiming "Go daddy, go daddy, go daddy!!!! Get him! Let's win!" It's cute, but with the amount of trucks on the road it's practically a non stop game.

It was BLAZING HOT in Mesa! Oh it was miserable, I felt lightheaded a ill most of the time. We went to this play place that had AC so that we could cool off and Craig could have fun. It was great.



He loved sitting on all the animals!


Big tough gorillas

ROAR like a lion!

His uncle Kieth took him on a fun spinning teacup ride. he was good to only let it spin a little though.
(and Kieth he still remembers you, he saw this picture and said "Kieth, arms up!")
K.C.'s parents and Kaylea enjoying some cool. It was fun to spend time with them.
Blake and Abby were very patient as Craig learned how to play sweetly and share THEIR toys with them!
Jackie (K.C.'s oldest sister) had this fun covered wagon that she gave Craig and Abby a ride in.
We went over to Jackie's house to can some meat (yes that's right! I canned meat! How domestic of me! It was actually tons easier than I expected. I would actually like to get the stuff and do it now! I'm all motivated, but we'll see how it pans out.)

I forgot my shoes in the car (bad idea when the ground can burn your feet off in .02 seconds.) So I walked on K.C.'s feet out to the car! I love him.

The night before K.C. was really sick and the only thing we could figure was heat exhaustion. We were both feeling really yucky all day that day (Monday). Luckily I'd kept Craig hydrated well enough that he didn't seem to be effected.
We headed out around 4 and just prayed that we would feel good enough and be awake enough to make it home. But as soon as we got out of the valley we started feeling better. Then we ran into this wonderful rain storm!

The AC was cranked and it was like 10 degrees in the car, it looked cool and peaceful outside and I was in heaven! It really was fun to see everyone but the heat was terrible! We sure picked a great week to go south!

We were almost to Mesquite and one of our tires blew out! We are very lucky though because the several times that we have had a tire blow out our little car continues to drive straight and true! It was a bothersome delay, but all was well and we were soon on our way again.

By the time we got home it was 2 am and Craig had slept most of the way home and I was so worried that he wouldn't sleep any more, but he was so sweet, he slept clear till 10:30! Yay.

While I was there Kaylea showed me more things about my camera, so I've had fun practicing what she showed me. It will probably be a while before I'm very good at it but it is fun to have something new to work on and feel like I'm actually going to get better! Thanks Kaylea.

There you have a it a huge post and a ton of pictures! I didn't even take pictures of all the other things that happened. I kept forgetting to pull my camera out!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was going to call you about going to the park this morning, but I didn't know where we were going until 8:30am, and we went at 9, so I decided to not risk waking you. Sounds like I did the right thing!

    Looks like you had a fun time. Even if it was hot. Is summer over yet?

    ReplyDelete