Sunday, September 28, 2008

The backyard project

I can't really call these before and after pictures because they're really before and mid-way pictures. We have officially begun the renovation of the backyard. I'm so excited, but it's still quite daunting.

{Before... as in the day it became ours}

{Today... the record of progress so far}

{Before}
{Today-even though it's a mess it still looks better}

We are going to take out all the rocks (anyone know someone who needs lots of rocks?) and plant grass. We'll even leave a small space for a garden. I'm kind of excited about this. I've never had my own garden. Lets just hope that I don't kill everything right off the bat.

We are about 1/2 done with the rocks and so far our pile is a little taller than my waist and more than 5 feet long. check it out. This has all been moved by K.C. and my 3 sisters with shovels and buckets. {No of course I haven't helped. I'm not allowed to. But believe me I want to!}



Here is also a picture that doesn't do justice to our weed pile. When we moved in I'm pretty sure that we had more weeds than the rest of the neighborhood combined. We didn't have a truck or a way to haul them off so we have been stacking them by the house. This pile has been compressed and trampled more than once but it's still a massive amount of weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment