Saturday, September 20, 2008

Terror

Last night I woke up sobbing. (this is not too uncommon due to my crazy dreams.) But usually they're about some tragic unrealistic instance of K.C. leaving me. He is very good about recognizing the signs and waking me before it hits full scale nightmare.

But last night I dreamed that we out to the Farm and I was watching Craig run around a play and then all of the sudden he was gone! I was at first a little worried and then as I ran around asking for help and no one could hear me, I increasingly got more scared. I started screaming for Craig but no sound would come out. I looked everywhere. And it finally hit my that the normally dry ditch was a fast flowing little river.

I can not describe the desperate feeling that clutched at me as I dug through the toys and shoes and all the other junk that was somehow and for some completely unexplainable reason, floating in the river. All the while I was praying that I'd find Craig and praying even harder that he wouldn't be at the bottom of that horrible horrible water trap.

I guess at this point I was actually talking out loud and the cries that I couldn't make in my dream I was making just fine in real life. K.C. woke me up and when he realized what was happening he jumped up and checked on Craig so that I could rest assured that he was O.K.

I have never been so scared in my life, I guess I know what terror is now! I have hardly been able to let Craig out of my site today. Children are so precious! I guess little reminders to not take them for granted are good but I hope that next time it's a little more gentle reminder.


Top

2 comments:

  1. How terrifying! And this waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-sobbing thing is normal? Yikes. Maybe you need to drink warm milk before bed? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy! I'm sorry you had to experience that. I hope you're feeling better about it all and that you don't have another one like that again!

    ReplyDelete