Monday, September 22, 2008

Craig's Stats

Oh I wish I had my camera! It's really sad to see so many cute things that Craig's doing and not being able to document any of them.

Well Craig had his 1 yr check up and here are his stats:
Height: 30.25 in (Can he really be 2 1/2 feet tall? That's half as tall as my older sister!)
Weight: 22 lbs 3.5 oz (35 percentile, This is a lot better than the 20 that he was last time which was "oh so bad" because he started out in the 90's. According to the Doctor I'm back to being a good mom again because he's growing.)

He also had to get 4 shots. This was a new experience. He's had shots before but this time they did double duty on him! All in all I think it's a good thing to get it over with quickly and not prolong the experience but I wasn't expecting it.

They had me sit in a chair and hold him and keep his arms still. (I looked like the bad guy!) Then 2 nurses came and each grabbed a leg and needle. One said "1, 2, 3 Go!" Then they each gave a shot into the leg they were holding. Almost instantly they had the second round in hand and did the same thing again. So it took about 10 seconds to get 4 shots. But in those few seconds poor Craig had crocodile tears rolling down his face.

He still had the cracker he had been eating before he got attacked and promptly started eating it again seeming to be fine although totally bewildered about what had just happened to him. What a little trooper.

My parents had given me a ride because K.C. couldn't so we were all in there and when Craig let out his scream seeming to say "Why are you letting this happen to me?" I think we all started crying. Mom and I did for sure. I guess that's a good thing though, it's OK for moms to get soggy about their little ones.

Top

No comments:

Post a Comment