Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Guessing Game

Friday morning K.C. was getting ready to go to SD2 (a training session for the leaders of Akela's Council) in Payson. He was going to be gone for 2 days.

Unexpectedly as he was getting ready to go I started having contractions. Great timing! I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant and all of a sudden out of the blue it decided I needed one more thing to worry about while K.C. was gone. The other fun part was that I had to prepare a sharing time lesson and a Talk for sacrament meeting on Sunday. Joy.

So long story short I tried to keep myself busy. Some of the things that were done on Friday and Saturday included: had my sisters over, the neighbor girls came to play, got a manicure and pedicure, built a crib, had a sleepover and movie night, went to yard sales, picked up paint to paint a shelf for baby sister, had Shannon and Julia over, went to the park, had lots of help getting my house less chaotic and I'm sure there are other things that I'm just not remembering.

It was a fun busy 2 days (even though I was lonely for my K.C.). The whole time the contractions were not very strong but about 15 minutes apart. I was just a little worried but figured it was just taunting me.

When K.C. finally got back into cell service Saturday night and I told him what was going on he started for home at 90 miles an hour.  (literally).


He got pulled over, (of course he did, it's K.C. every one likes to pull him over, whether there's a good reason or not.)

But when the officer heard why he was hurrying he said "Well Mr. Hunt if it was my wife I'd be doing the same thing. So I'm going to cut you a break this time but you might want to slow down because I don't know what the next guy is gonna do." I was amazed that he was so blessed to get that officer. It made me happy that there are still people that are real people and can care about others and have compassion for their situations. It was cool.

Anyways K.C. got home Saturday night around 9:15. I was stressed and still trying to prepare a talk for sacrament meeting (honestly I'd been working on it all week, listening to the talk it was based off of and pondering and studying I was just trying to put all of it together in a sensible way). Thankfully when I had called to tell Jessica (the primary president) that there was a possibility of me not making it to church to do sharing time she had told me she would do it for me. I wasn't expecting that but it was such a blessing and took such a big weight off of my mind. THANK YOU JESSICA! Remind me to be as awesome as you are someday.

What worried me the most is that the midwife had said the most common cause of transport to the hospital during a home birth was maternal exhaustion. So I was supposed to get as much sleep as possible as soon as I started to think that something was happening. So the thoughts of staying up late trying to get this talk finished and then having to get up early and get ready for church, get to church and have to give some kind of sensible talk worried me a lot. I was already tired and that just sounded like I would be asking for trouble. Especially if I went into labor in the middle of the night and ended up not even giving the talk anyways and was exhausted from staying up so late and started the whole thing on the wrong foot.

K.C. made me go to bed and told me not to worry about the talk. It was really hard for me to do but I was so grateful that me made me do it. I ended up being up most of the night because I was so uncomfortable. We even tried watching a show and that didn't distract me very much.

Today I expected the contractions to stop all together and then I'd just feel terrible because I had not given my talk for no reason! But they've kept going 10 - 15 minutes apart, they still aren't very painful, just enough of a distraction to keep me thinking that I might go into labor any time. But also just far enough apart and just painless enough to make me think it will stop any second and keeping waiting and wondering.

So that is the story of the weekend. Who knows what will happen, but at this point we're just watching and waiting.

2 comments:

  1. And we're all waiting to hear how things are progressing! Here's to hoping that things get going soon, and go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon, you're awesome. I'm flattered that you still read my blog. Sometimes I think that it's a lost cause with all the facebook rage. But it's nice to know that someone is reading. And thanks for the support. We'll keep you updated if there's anything interesting to know. :)

    ReplyDelete