Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Project Room Switch

We decided that we needed to get everything organized and ready for when baby sister comes. But because I'm pregnant and not supposed to do much lifting and moving and I didn't want to have K.C. have to push and pull things a million times trying to make everything fit, we came up with the perfect solution.

We drew out craigs room and then made a piece of paper for each piece of furniture that needed to go in the room. It turns out it was a good thing that we did this because there really was no good way to fit it all into Craigs room.

Well the office is bigger and would probably work, but the problem was could we fit the office into Craig's room? So we drew another picture, and all of the office furniture. It looked like it would work but it would be pretty tight no matter what. But it looked like it would definitely be a better option to have the kids in the office...(kids? that just sounds weird!)


So here's the arrangement for the new kids room!

I'm excited but it's a HUGE project! My family came over and helped us get a lot of the heavy stuff moved so that K.C. didn't have to do it all, that was wonderful. Now we have stuff strewn from one end of our house to the other in one glorious mess.





{ Lovely isn't it? }

My goal is to put things neat and organized into their new homes and not just stash stuff. I love organizing and I love it when everything has a place, but I'm running out of ideas. How in the world do I get it all put away in such a way that it's nice and easy to get at and use? I hate it when I have stuff that I forget about because it's buried or is stuffed somewhere that is too bothersome to get to so I never go through the trouble of pulling it out.

So if you have any really awesome organizational tips, I'd love to hear about them... Hopefully we end up with order and cleanliness someday soon! It is a little overwhelming to see it all! But I guess you have to start somewhere! So here we go, day 2. We'll see how much progress we make.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - huge project indeed! It'll be awesome when finished. Wish I had some organization tips. As it happens though, I'm on the lookout for them myself... Guess I'll have to see what you learn from this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. realsimple.com

    Oh and don't hurt yourself! You're so close and we're excited for you!

    ReplyDelete