Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby Shower

(only 6 weeks left!)


Some wonderful ladies in my ward threw me a baby shower! It was so nice of them!

There were cute decorations...

Some classically funny shower games...
(Andrea won - I never realized how hard it was to drink out of a bottle... I have much more respect for the little people who have to eat out of them!)


I wasn't thinking enough to get a picture of this awesome cake before we started to eat it... So here's the remains of it. Sara Sullivan made it, it's seriously the best cake I've ever had before. I knew she made cakes but I never knew she was so talented and that they were so GOOD. Most of the pretty cakes that I've ever eaten did not taste good. This was pretty and yummy!

There was lots of really yummy food.
And lots of good company 
(I would post pictures of the group but in just about every picture someone was making a funny face, so I figured they might be happier with me if I just left those out of the post :)

And lastly, the presents...

It was wonderful and such a blessing. I recieved things that were just what I needed, including diapers, clothes, hair accessories (can't wait to dress her up!) and a sit and stand stroller. I feel much better prepared for our little one to join the world and I'm very grateful for the wonderful people who have helped me to feel that way.

2 comments:

  1. Drinking from a baby bottle is definitely not that easy! We played that game at a baby shower that I went to. I'm glad that you got one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a fun time! And the first picture of you is breathtaking.

    I laughed about your cake comment. It is rare to find one that looks good and tastes good! I'm glad you got one. :)

    ReplyDelete