Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What? More Work?

Our lives are not very exciting right now if you are looking for variety. We are continuing the saga of the mega work push. It has been a bitter sweet experience for me.

Bitter because I miss my Craig and it's hard for me to have him gone ALL day. He leaves as soon as he wakes up and when he comes home he's usually asleep from the drive and just gets put into bed.

It has been sad to not hear his happy noises and be a part of all the discoveries he's making. But at the same time we are so lucky to have such a good place for him to go while we're getting this through this rush. He absolutely LOVES it at grandma and grandpas and is always having the time of his life when ever he is there. (I worry that I'll be hard pressed to provide that kind of entertainment when he gets back.) He has started saying "No" a lot now when he comes home and I'm not too happy about that, I hope it's just a phase and he snaps out of it soon.

The other good part of it is we are always saying "It would be so nice if we just had some time that we could focus on this stuff and get it done!" And now we do! We have been getting so much done. It's a little overwhelming to realize that although we are getting a lot done our list doesn't seem to be getting any smaller! But I guess that's job security right.

And I'm not going to lie. After about 12 hours of sitting here programming and designing I feel a little brain dead and mostly spent. So it's hard to keep going. (We usually end around midnight or 1 which ends up making it 15 hours.) The moral of the story? Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!

Really it has been good though and nice to know that we're not just ignoring Craig as he's begging for our attention. (Are you seriously still reading this?...That's dedication!) I don't know how we're going to get pack meeting planned and pulled off this week as well as a sharing time lesson (Don't forget to add school to the mix too! And homework and a test!).

I'm just glad that we don't have to do this all the time and once the big push is over it will slow down. I'll be glad when Craig is at home and he can remember that mom really isn't 'that boring lady that always puts me to bed' Last time I went to get him he took one look at me and said "NO!" then he turned around and wouldn't look at me. SAD!

Tonight was good though we got to play for a good hour after he got home and that was good for my heart. Well I make an end of my writings. (and with the length of that post I may never have to write again!) I wonder how many people will make it this far?

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I made it to the end! No, it wasn't that hard. But I'm glad you're getting so much done. Someday it will calm down!

    ReplyDelete