Monday, February 16, 2009

A day of work

Sound exciting hu? Well actually it was. We have so much to accomplish that we have started a major work focus effort for the next few weeks and hope to have everything done by the time farming starts so we can breath for a while.

So early this morning (yeah still this morning, I still have 3 minutes before tomorrow starts.) K.C. took Craig out to Grandpa's and we started grinding away. I sat down at my computer at 8am and didn't leave (except for the occasional potty break and some drinks) until 8:30pm. That's right work, work, work!

K.C. even brought me breakfast from Jack In The Box (we NEVER get fast food for breakfast so that was fun). And then later he warmed up some yummy leftovers for dinner. As you may have noticed there was a small mishap in our scheduling. We missed lunch. But on the bright side, we got a lot done!

Just for the fun of it you should check some of it out. They're not all done and these are placeholders that I put up while we get the real sites up and going. Then they will all be fully interactive sites. (And when do they need to be done you ask? March 1st ALL OF THEM!)

Super Green Grass
Super Green Cleaner
Bio Rich Soil
GreenWay Golf Answers

Some of these were worked on before today but some (like the Super Green Grass) were just started from the very concept, today.

The rest of my work would be hard to see because it is in the form of product labels, fliers, and logos.

But I can show you the latest and if you have any input you could help us form the company identity through the logo. Feedback from people besides those that are all wrapped up in it is always very helpful. After about 50 Logos (did I really to that many today?) these are the ones that everyone is trying to pick between.


So all it all it was a very productive day! I honestly think that I got about a weeks worth of work done! At this rate I might actually catch up! It's a good thing that I have such wonderful family to help us out! And it's also such a blessing that I enjoy what I do so much!

5 comments:

  1. If the product name is "Super Green Grass" then I don't like #1, the word 'Grass' is too small. But if the company is named "Super Green" and grass is more like a subtitle, then it works. Of course, I like the little grass sprouts below, so maybe if you just made the word Grass bigger, it would work.

    #3 I don't like. The blue circle (I imagine it to be a water droplet) has something blue in it. Some sort of evil blue parasite?

    #4 is better, as it clearly isn't being attacked by a parasite. By making it green it is now obviously grass. But the water drop already has a leaf, so it doesn't need any more greenry growing in it.

    So, of the four as presently constituted, I like #2 the best, but I think #1 with bigger 'Grass' would be best. (And maybe make the green line underneath slightly thicker?)

    p.s. My consultation fee is . . . letting us borrow Kung Fu Panda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark is hilarious!! I like # 4, it is more apealing than the other.. that is just my 2 cents..
    What is the GreenWay Golf Answers.. it is in a different language?? You do great work. It is nice to have those working days :)
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this isn't about the amazing work you've been doing on websites and logos - all of which are awesome! - but, I was just curious: when I first logged on to your blog the background was the snowman one, and then it seemed to update itself and became the pink one - how is this accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason that you see that switch is because after I drew the snowman picture I uploaded it and told it to be the background. So that registers first.

    Then when I changed to the pink one I was lazy and just linked to this template from another site. So it loads the background first (the snowman.) Then it loads another script that tells it to go and use the pink one instead. (And it's even slower by the fact that the pink one is quite large so it takes longer to load.) It's just the order that it finds the code.

    ReplyDelete