Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crafty Me

I have always wanted one of these:
So Yesterday, I made one! I was so thrilled with how it turned out!
This was my beta test and now I have some ultra cute material I'm going to make another one and fix a few minor flaws.
I even made it reversible! AND the best part is... There are no seems to be seen! Anywhere! It took some serious pondering before I came up with how to accomplish it but I sewed it all inside out of inside out... it doesn't make sense I know but it's true. It was actually quite difficult to figure out how to do it because I didn't want seams to show on the other side when you turn it inside out... just think about that one for a while.) And then hand stitched the last little bit and viola!
It only took about ten minutes of actual sewing. This one took more time of sitting and thinking and pinning and unpinning and trying to remember what they looked like and visualize what I thought I remembered.) But when all was said and done I was quite happy with it!

6 comments:

  1. Very crafty you! That's awesome! It'd be fun to have you show me how to do this one - now that we don't need a WHOLE diaper bag we end up taking loose diapers and wipes whenever we go somewhere. This would be very handy! Way to think it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very crafty you! That's awesome! It'd be fun to have you show me how to do this one - now that we don't need a WHOLE diaper bag we end up taking loose diapers and wipes whenever we go somewhere. This would be very handy! Way to think it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so AWSOME!!!
    you are amazing :)

    (i thought i would send this twice since and did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so AWSOME!!!
    you are amazing :)

    (i thought i would send this twice since and did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you are very crafty. I think I should have you make me one. I tend to leave sacrament at least once a week with a diaper and a wipe bag from costco. (you know how rattely those can get.) I have the fabric and all. So should I volunteer you? It looks very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to make you one Genel... Or three! (By theway, I have facebook now, just incase you hadn't noticed yet.)

    ReplyDelete