Friday, January 30, 2009

Shopping and Saving.

I am so grateful for Shannon for introducing me to the Grocery Smarts Coupon program. Anyone who knows me know that we would practically never go to get groceries until there was nothing left but spices in our cupboards, (and just a faithful clove of garlic in our fridge.)

But since I started doing this we actually have FOOD. Not only that but we have EXTRA food. It is wonderful. And it does wonders for my peace of mind. I feel like a much better wife and mother. And K.C. feels like a better provider because he can SEE that it's working instead of just know that we could get food if we wanted it. And the best part is we are saving money too!

(I guess I should correct myself, K.C. always wants food, so he was not the hold up, I was. I just have this bad problem of forgetting all about it.)

Anyways the other day we had an awesome shopping run. We probably could have done better but we're still getting the hang of it. (I think I'm spoiled though because K.C. does it with me. and he helps A LOT. I'm pretty sure he's the mastermind behind all of our success.)

So check this out:

Anyone care to guess the total?

Total Spent:
$189.36

(not bad considering all of the laundry detergent, deodorant, Panteen ProV products... well everything. But in general those things are more expensive.)

This is the best part...

Total saved
$409.09

I love it!

And then K.C. went back because the Gillette Fusion Razors were on sale for less than buying refills so why not get a whole new razor?

The total for that one?

Total Spent $7.22
(for 4 razor packs with extra cartridges.)

Total Saved $32.00

I'm starting to feel like we got ripped off if we don't save at least as much as we spent. And I feel really good when we save twice as much or more.

Thanks Shannon. I think it's safe to say that you've seriously increased our quality of life.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! I love those coupon savings! And I'm the same way - it's not a good week unless I saved more than I spent.

    ReplyDelete