Sunday, January 18, 2009

Birthday Trip - Tracy Aviary

Monday is my birthday and so we decided to do something random and crazy. This shouldn't come as a surprise to most, crazy and random is an integral part of our lives.

So we went to Salt Lake City!

We left about 11:00 (pm :) on Friday night, and got to my cousin Lorens about 3:30am.

This is our history of Saturday!

We got up, got ready and.... went to the 50th Birthday party of an Andean Condor! Who goes to the birthday party of a BIRD? It was hilarious, but fun. We really only got there in time for the cake but then we wandered around the Tracy Aviary for several hours.

It was so fun to have Craig there. He recognized several of the birds and got very excited.

This is Craig clasping his hands in
'his sign' for Vulture.
(For the 2 Vulture's behind him on the rock)
There were peacocks just wandering around the whole place.
They were really pretty and really friendly. They would come right up to you. Craig LOVED it.
Oh I forgot to mention that we took Wanda with us just for the fun of it.
(and it is a lot of fun.)Wanda would hold out her hand and make clucking noises trying to get them to come close to her.So obviously Craig had to do the same thing... I didn't get a very good picture of it, but now every time he sees a peacock he holds out his hand a clucks. (even to these pictures).
There were some awesome places there so Wanda and I had to take pictures with my new camera. We had fun. I love my sister.

Then we found the flamingo's I never knew that they turned pink because of the food that they ate. I thought that was fascinating.

Craig tried to get them to come to him too. They weren't very interested.Bald Eagle is another one of his words so we could hardly hold on to him when we saw this guy.
It was very cold (especially for us wussy St. George folk.) And Craig's hands were FREEZING.

We don't have any gloves for him so that's our first order of business on Monday before we head to the Hogle ZOO! I can't wait to show him all those animals! So fun.

This is poor little exhausted Craig with his hands in his pockets trying to keep warm. He was so tired by the time we left that he fell asleep while Wanda was holding him. (About 10 minutes after this picture, in this exact position.)
Here are a few more pictures of our little family. I thought Wanda did pretty good.

Then we went shopping, since there are places to shop here and were able to get me a few pairs of pants! I am so excited not to have to switch back and forth between the same 2 pairs! Oh happy day.

We'll be home on Monday night (my Birthday.) But the morning is going to be action packed! Stay tuned for the next episode!

(Speaking of episodes I'm Way behind on Wanda Knows! This trip has been awesome!)

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I can't wait to hear about the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You guys always do fun things on a whim! I love Wanda Knows! It makes my day! What a wonderful sister!

    ReplyDelete