Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birthday Memories

I was going through my hope chest and found several wonderful (and several not-so-wonderful) memories from my past.

One of them was this present that I received form my sister Angela. It was on very fancy paper, typed with very official and elegant font:

Most Honorable Celeste:

Because of the exceeding self control and admirable forthrightness exhibited by you in regards to the object of mutual concern it has therefore been determined that to you, and henceforth and forever, for the duration of one wee, will be awarded the most excellent and desirable gift, inherent in the person of the first degree, such that 'til the conclusion of one week from today, the 25th, be given with consideration and deference, control of the light.
To demonstrate the encompassing esteem in which you are held by all parties this award is hereby bestowed upon you this most auspicious day.


Given by order of the person of the first degree,
Angela Farr

After reading this i remembered the epic struggles that we would have for the light. I loved to stay up late and write in my journal (looking back at some of those entries... I really should have listened to Angela and just gone to bed!) or write in my book. (which also would have been better left alone.) Or read. (That one at least wasn't a complete waste).

Angela on the other hand always liked to go to bed earlier and then wake up at completely ridiculous times in the morning. Like 6 and 7. I couldn't understand why that was a better plan... (apparently I still don't have it figured out because I never go to bed early.)

So we would take turns (theoretically) and one night she'd be able to turn the light off when ever she wanted. The next night would be my turn, and sadly for her often i would fall asleep doing whatever I was doing and never actually turn the light off.

This gift from her was truly a sacrifice and gesture of true sisterly love. Thanks Ang

1 comment:

  1. that is awsome that you have that
    ang i am pround to call you family for being the righter of such a thing as that :) (those wer good happy time :)

    ReplyDelete