Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome Savannah Lorraine!

On May 17, 2010 at 12:26 pm 
Savannah Lorraine
joined our family.


At 7am I woke up with strong contractions. I had been having then through the night but I was able to ignore them and go back to sleep so I didn't think much of it. But when I woke up I knew that this was the real thing.

I we called Janae (our midwife) at 7:30 to give her the heads up that we'd need her soon. Then we called my parents to come get Craig (he was still sleeping). I took a shower and tried to relax but by 8 we decided that having someone else to help would be a good thing because they were getting intense fast. So we called Janae back and told her to come.

She got there around 8:20 and shortly after my parents showed up. K.C. and Dad gave me a blessing. I am so grateful for the priesthood! How wonderful it was to have that help and assurance as we started on this new adveture.

We were able to wake Craig up enough to tell him what was going on and let him know his sister would be 'out of mommies tummy' when he came back. He gave me the sweetest hug and told me he loved me. It was awesome. I love my son.

Then everyone left and we started doing what we could to deal with labor. It was a very new experience for me. Although this was my second child in many ways it was my first because I didn't feel a single thing with Craig so I really had no idea what to expect. There were times when it was a little scary just because of the unknown. But Janae was good to talk me through things and help me understand what was happening so it wasn't that bad.

She came after 5 and 1/2 hours of labor. It was all over a lot sooner than I expected. I was just getting geared up to endure an entire afternoon of intense labor when the Janae told me I could start pushing if I wanted. It wasn't what I had expected so I think I was still a little in shock when Savannah was born about 20 minutes later. I'm glad that it was relatively short.

Our little family and Janae.

All in all it was a wonderful experience.

We called my parents and had them bring Craig home. He got there about 30 minutes after she was born. While he was with grandma and grandpa they had taken him to pick out a present for baby sister. He'd picked a very small mouse and a lion. it was cute when he brought them over to her and layed them on her blanket.

I asked him who I was holding and he said "Oh that's Savannah." As if she'd always been part of our family and it was totally normal to have her there.

We even sang happy birthday to her and then K.C. got the present that Savannah had for Craig. There were 2 things that Savannah was going to give but we hadn't really talked about how or when. I was expecting it to be a train set that was in our bedroom. But I guess K.C. thought it was the train table, so that's what he got. It is quite large and made it a little crowded in the living room but Craig loved it and he's found part of it the day before so he was delighted to get to play with it. 

Me and our newest miracle!

I can just tell that she's going to be a daddy's girl.

Craig has liked her ever since he met her. He doesn't want to hold her but he always keeps tabs on her and makes sure she's ok.

We let my sisters and parents come in as Janae was finishing up measuring and weighing her. 
 



 First outfit.


Grandma and Grandpa Farr. These two people have figured out how to win the hearts of their grandchildren from day one.


Craig ran and got his cars and introduced each one to Savannah. It was SO CUTE!

"Here's Mr. The King Savannah!"


"Oh Savannah don't you like Doc?"

I love my little family. I'm so happy that Craig likes his sister. I am very very grateful for my wonderful husband who has helped and supported me and been Mr. Incredible while I've been recovering. K.C. You're amazing. Thanks for a beautiful family. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations over and over on your adorable little miracle! She's beautiful! You're super amazing yourself, Est! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love how alert she is in all the photos. I am so impressed with how well it all went for you. Best wishes!

    PS I was going to try and not comment on the earpiece K.C. is wearing but it makes me giggle every time. At least his hands were free to help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And Jessica, I have to admit that his earpiece makes me giggle quite a bit myself. He actually didn't put it on till after she was born and found it particularly useful to be able to hold her, help me and still call all of the family. It's still makes me smile though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! What a cute girl and family. I'm glad everything went well with the midwife, what an experience I bet. We are hear for you if you guys need anything!

    ReplyDelete