Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 40... and then some

So it seems that I will be pregnant for the rest of my life. I'm glad that this is actually not humanly possible, but at this point it just seems like I will be the first to try it. I know I'm only almost a week late, and there have been many other people who have gone later and longer than that and still survived. Power to them. I wish I knew the secret to relaxing and patiently waiting for her. Maybe it would be easier if I didn't have a contraction every little while to remind me that I'm still pregnant and that I'm still not in labor and that I'm still just waiting on her!

But on the up side, I am feeling better. I have virtually no Sciatic pain. My left hip has been the one hurting lately and it's been much much better the last couple of days. I've even been able to roll over in bed without my pelvis killing me! For the last several months, once I get laid down I pretty much have to have help to move or I just have to deal with pain that makes we want to scream or cry if I try to do it myself.

I've been going to a wellness clinic that has helped me a ton and finally yesterday I noticed that the pelvic pain was starting to go away and I was starting to feel more like I ought to feel. I'm very grateful for this blessing. At least if I have to wait I can at least do it with a measure of comfort instead of in misery!

I guess we'll see what happens now. (or in this case what DOESN'T happen!)

4 comments:

  1. So sorry, Celeste. I check your blog daily hoping to see a picture of a new baby!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. This is harder than I remember with Craig. I don't want to be patient anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to wait. And I know with Julia, I had an induction date, so I KNEW I would be done by that day. I think it's gotta be much harder to just have no idea how much longer this will last. But it will be over soon! Very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking that there should be a baby by now! I'm sure it will be soon...Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete