Sunday, October 26, 2008

Watercolor

A while ago I said that I wanted to try watercolor painting. Well I had some paint and I found some watercolor paper from when I was 12 { I guess I don't go through my art supplies as often as I go through the other junk in my house }. Neither of these supplies were probably very high quality but I figure since I'm just going to mess up a bunch why not do it with these instead of expensive stuff right?

Well Here's what I painted this morning. I know I know it's the 'old barn' painting. I'm sure that every artist has to paint one of these before they can be called an artist but since I didn't have anything to look at it... well this is what happened.

I'm sure I've painted at some point in my life but never after about 12 (when I got the watercolor paper, realized that I had no clue what to do with the colors and gave up). So this is my first honest attempt. And I was trying a lot of different brushes and a lot of different ways of doing it and using water so there's many an 'uh-oh better fix that!'. But all in all it made for an enjoyable morning and now I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't be a waste of time to go to that class at Roberts Crafts.

Baby steps. Baby steps in the right direction.

Top

1 comment: