Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary To US!

{photo by me, an obliging rock and some careful balancing}
We celebrated our 3 year anniversary last week! It was a lot of fun. we were going to go to San Diego but couldn't get the time off work so I planned the whole "alternative plan" and surprised K.C.

The Friday before our anniversary we took Craig over to Clark and Shannon's and they watched him for us while I took K.C. to the park for a sandwich dinner. It didn't last very long because it was SO COLD, and WINDY! (I say this from a St. George point of view.)
This is K.C. trying to spread out the blanket...
Got it!
{Notice the black on the corners of the pictures... That's what happens when our camera lens doesn't open all the way. Is this common you ask? YES! and so annoying.}
Our Gourmet Dinner
{don't worry that big jelly smear is just what happens when you butter one side of the bread and spread jelly on the other... I was in a hurry, what can I say?}
Uh Oh... We have a dilemma! Well, K.C. does. I found out that he has never liked pringles before. the reason... he can't fit his hand it the container!
Don't worry, I got that for you love! I'll just reach to the bottom of the can! After that we went to the St. George Musical Theater and saw Secret Garden! It was a very good time!

Our anniversary was actually on Monday and so there was a very elaborate scheme that went into the last surprise.

I had my 17 yr old brother be my wheels and the front runner to be just a step ahead of us laying out the next clue. First we got some wooden roses... (I never knew they existed, but they solved the 'wilting while we're looking for them' problem quite nicely.) and I put one on K.C.'s desk at work with a clue that would lead him home.

When he found that and finally made it home he found another clue hanging in some dried roses that led him to Dixie rock where my brother had hidden another clue.
He found it almost instantly... Don't ask me how it was in a cave up high behind another rock. I thought we'd be there all day! I had to kill some time to give Jake some time to get the next one ready, So we took some pictures.

Saving the world one rock at a time.
When I got the word that all was clear I used the blindfold that had come with the last clue and blindfolded K.C. Then we set off for our last destination. and this is what we found waiting for us!
{It was SO windy that everything kept tipping over!}



We were both chattering our teeth as we ate. I hadn't expected it to be that darn cold so I wasn't very well prepared. we each had a light sweater and K.C. had an extra jean jacket. None of these provided much insulation.

Cold nose!

This is the place where the table was set up! And this was the final surprise. We were going to see BIG RIVER at TUACAHN! We had never been there. It was so much fun. Cold, but fun!(another picture by myself... as well as the next).

None of these do justice to the biting cold that was piercing our very bones! We found one small blanket that my brother had and both tried to use it to keep warm during the show. All of the people with their comforters, fur hats, warm gloves and heavy coats were laughing at us. But we were in love and having fun.

These are priceless memories that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, it looks like you guys had so much freakin fun! How cute are you guys? SO CUTE!! I love the picture of K.C. hiding in his sweater. I laughed out loud. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete