Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome Home!

I'm so excited! My brother Ammon got home from his mission to Mexico on Thursday! It is so wonderful to have him back. He has always been a wonderful person, but as a mission will, it has changed him. He is an inspiration to me to want to be better and a kinder person.

We went to the airport to pick him up on Wednesday night 10:45pm and just as we were pulling into the airport the bishop called to tell us that the plane had some technical issues and he wouldn't be home till 8am the next morning. We were all rather deflated and trudged home to wait the night out.

Bright and early the next morning we all repeated the trip. We all piled in the motor home and put our name tags on. Each family member had a tag that said their name in Spanish like this...
Craig-o, Celeste-o, mom-o, K.C.-o.

It was pretty funny. We also had a very large sign that said "welcome" in Spanish - sort of. It said:
Be-M-be-knee-though
eng: welcome
the Spanish word is actually "Bienvenido" but it sounds like "Be-M-be-knee-though." It was very fun. We took pictures of everything. We even had a picture of him coming out of the very very small plane. But I have a very sad story to tell.
So I put all the pictures on my computer. And then because we were going to try to get family pictures I deleted them all off my camera so there would be room. But when I got back to look at all of them they were NOT on my computer! I was so sad! they were just GONE. About 250 pictures of Ammon coming home and some way cute ones of Craig all gone! I just feel so sick inside. That's not the kind of thing you can do again. It was so sad. I still feel horrible every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment