Sunday, September 26, 2010

testimony

today Craig bore his testimony sacrament meeting for the first time.

He was sitting there listening to the testimonies being born and suddenly he turned to me and said "mama I want to bear my testimony."

I was surprised and asked him what he was going to say and after thinking a moment he told me. I thought it was a great idea so I told him that he could. As soon as the next person was done he hopped off of my lap and ran up to the front all by himself. He grabbed the microphone and pulled it down as far as he could. You could hardly even see his hair above the podium!

"in the name..." he started, but then he stopped and seemed to realize that everyone was looking at him, he ran back to me kind of scared and sad. "I didn't do it mama! I didn't say what I wanted to say."

I figured it was a valiant effort but then he seemed to brace himself and said "can I do it again?" what a brave little guy. I told him that he could try one more time so he ran back up and this time he said "I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and president Monson!" before he had even finished saying Monson he was already running back tp me. but I was so proud of him!

Even if he did miss some of it he still was so brave to try it for the first time in front of so many people and without any help at all and it being his idea and everything.

He's a good boy! I'm so happy to be his mama!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa would call that a "button popping" moment! :) Way to go Craig. Way to go Craig's Parents, too - someone has to teach him pretty well for him to be able to do that. So, way to go Hunt Family! :)

    ReplyDelete