Monday, September 6, 2010

Craigs Friend Party

We had a little friend party last Saturday before his birthday. It was so nice of everyone to come and party with him!

As a 'pre-opening activity' (seriously Cub Scouts is seeping into everything ;) We had the kids paint solar systems:

They smeared paint all over boards (while wearing some of K.C.'s old shirts to protect their clothes). then let them dry.
Most of the kids loved it, but Craig thought it was too messy to get the paint on his fingers :) he did it for a little while and asked me to finish it.

Then we let those dry and opened presents. (as you can see he had LOTS of help!)

He loved all of his presents! Thanks everyone.
I thought it was so sweet that just like we practiced in the "Present game" (explained later) he said "Thank you for this nice present ____(insert name)." I didn't even have to prompt him most of the time. He's such a nice kid!

Who can his first "Cars" book! I bet you can't guess what we've read for every nap time and every night since then.


Do you think he liked it? I wish you could see the little dance he was doing and the "I love it, I love it, I love it!" Chant! Ha ha! He was opening Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon.

Then I made this cake in my nifty pampered chef baker. It was pretty slick and only took 15 min, start to finish. So I could serve it hot. I thought it worked out well.

 While I was making the cake, K.C. was spray painting the circles on to the solar systems and the kids were all signing Craig's table cloth.


And lastly. Honestly this is something I've never done. We had party favors. Truth be told K.C. made them on my Cricut, and they turned out very nice!

All in all, even with my poor hosting abilities, I think that everyone was too busy to notice (much) and it seemed like it all turned out good. He even played sweetly and shared all of his toys without one outburst! I was so proud of him. The important thing is that Craig had a great time and he did so that's all that really matters. Thanks everyone for coming to party and for being such goof friends!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was an awesome party! Julia is in love with her planets, she wants to hang them up on her wall. And that cake? Divine. You Hunts throw a mean party.

    ReplyDelete