Saturday, June 27, 2009

Me time

We've decided lately that I need to spend a little (OK a LOT) more time being a mommy and doing mommy things, around the house things, pursuing some of my interests and mostly spending time with Craig instead of sending him out to by raised by my parents and 9 year old sisters. They have been sweet to help with him and it has been a great blessing to get our little business up and going and help the group effort of providing for our families.

But now it's time to step back and spend more time as a mom, not a provider. So as a result of that Craig helped me with some projects today:

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and just never had the time. Today we made time.

This is my travel size wipes case and I covered it with material. I was surprised how well it turned out (even if I didn't have anything but scraps to work with). You can't use the little pop open window, but half the time I had to open the whole thing anyway. I ran out of glue half way through so we had to make a trip to the store.

The fabric and stuff up there were just scraps that I had laying around I was just trying it out but I wasn't just thrilled with how cute it was. But it was the best I could do with my limited supplies.

Well my dear sweet husband came with me to get the glue and then while I carried around a sleeping Craig he picked out the necessary supplies to make this next one:

{ Which I absolutely LOVE }

Front


Back

I know it's not very boyish. And no we're not having a girl. We just decided that I'm out numbered by the boys over here and I needed something that I would have fun carrying around and that made me feel happy. (K.C. decided this for me. Isn't he awesome? And I have to say he did a fabulous job of picking the stuff out.)


Now I have one that is more for boys and one that is just for me.
It was fun to make.

My next project is going to be a bag/carrying devise to hold this and some diapers. I've made some before that were like 'diapees and wipees' but I made them too skinny and everything doesn't quite fit. So we'll see where my my next innovation takes me.

2 comments:

  1. those are so cute! I love them. I have seen them selling online for $10-13....way to go!

    ReplyDelete