Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wake up! And Happy Birthday!

In all of the business I have neglected to post much about my little boy. He is getting bigger and bigger and cuter and cuter. He talks almost non stop and sings almost as much as he talks. Yesterday Craig was on a roll! Here's a few highlights:

Wake up Mom and Dad! Now!
So Craig usually wakes up earlier than we would like him to. (by that I mean he doesn't sleep in till 9 or 10 everyday:) We really should get up when he does but the last week or so we've been bringing him into our bed and letting him play while we dose for a little longer. Most of the time he'll fall back a sleep too but not yesterday!

He played sweetly and climbed on and off the bed, over the top of us, onto our heads, basically everywhere. When he finally tired of that and after several failed attempts to literally PULL us out of bed he flopped down next to K.C. in what seemed defeat.

Little did I know it was all just a genius plan starting to unfold. I couldn't really see him but I could hear him grunting and jabbering away to himself as he kind of flopped around. So naturally I closed my eyes and didn't worry about it. THEN i hear him say in an all too pleased voice a very familiar phrase that is usually used when changing his diaper..."EEW YUCKY!!!"

I opened my eyes just in time to see quite the picture. Craig, standing by K.C.'s head with delight in his eyes. His fully loaded and very 'yucky' diaper in his HANDS!!! held at arms length over K.C.'s face!

A million thoughts flashed though my head as I snatched the diaper and tried to keep Craig from sitting on anything while K.C. grabbed the wipes and a new diaper, things like... What in the world? How did he get that off? Thank goodness he was standing up. Is the bed dirty? But most prevalent was:

"OK, OK, you win! We're up!"

Now that is a resourceful little boy.

Highlight 2
That evening on the way back from grandma and grandpas Craig, as usual, fell asleep in his car seat. Or so I thought when all of a sudden out of he blue I hear

"Happy Birthday to you!"

Sung at the top of his lungs, very clearly. It kind of startled me so I turned to sing with him only to find that he really was asleep. And he had been the whole time!

What a cute little guy. I love it when he sings, and the happy birthday song is starting to sound like the real thing instead of a funeral march! I caught a video of the funeral march version but that camera's battery is dead so it will have to come later.

1 comment:

  1. your boy is so cute and funny. He is also really smart. You trained him well

    ReplyDelete