Sunday, April 12, 2009

Garden Fresh!

We have been having so much fun with our garden! We have lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, carrots, peas and strawberries.

So far the lettuce and strawberries are the only ones that have been producing edible food. I love going out and picking lettuce from my own garden to make a salad. And Craig and I always have a lot of fun counting the strawberries. The tomatoes have little blossoms on them now. I can't wait till we have fresh tomatoes! They are SO much yummier than the ones you buy at the store!
Craig picking some lettuce.

Our little strawberry patch.


The FIRST strawberry! Small but oh so yummy.....
I think.

You see this is what happened.

Craig saw the strawberry... Wanted to hold the strawberry...
And then the little stinker snarfed it!
It must have been good because he was headed to the patch to pick another one before he'd even finished eating it. We have since had many ripe strawberries and I can vouch for their amazing goodness.

When I water the garden Craig will go and carefully inspect each strawberry plant. All the while saying either "Um... um.... um... um..." or "1, 2, 3, (from here it skips around a bit and ends up being something like) 5, 6, 8. I have to watch carefully though because if they show the slightest pink he wants to try and eat them. He listens really well when I ask him not to. But I'm still afraid that one day I'll find the whole plant uprooted.

So if you ever want to sample our produce, stop on by! I can't claim that it's the best ever. But it's not DEAD! So I count is as a success. This is my first garden and I'm having so much fun with it. Thank you, thank you K.C. for being so thoughtful and getting me all these wonderful plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment