Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Eggo!

August 31 was Craig's Second Birthday.

He's getting so big!The Saturday before his birthday we decided to have a little party at our house. I made this cake for him. Since he absolutely LOVES the movie Cars of course it was a Cars cake.

We weren't very prepared and didn't think to invite people to a party until just a few days before. But he had so much fun delivering his invitations and saying "It's my party!"

We were so glad that so many people were able to make it!

As you can see I started out with an eager audience....

and then they got so excited that they had to help a little....

And then it was just too much to take so they had to help A LOT!
It was so funny. Craig loved every minute of it! And he absolutely loved the things that everyone brought for him. It made me happy to see him so happy.

Then he sang happy birthday to him self along with everyone else!
On Monday (his actual birthday) we went out to my parents house and had a little family party for him out there so that my parents could be part of things.

I tried to get some good pictures of him since we can't really go and have pictures taken this year. Some of them turned out but most of them were like this. I suppose that's perfect though because it certainly shows his little personality! The Funny part is that he's actually trying really hard to smile just like I asked him to! It must be kind of confusing for kids to figure out what that really means. It seems that everyone goes through this 'funny face' stage.
He got several of the cars from the movie Cars and was in seventh heaven!
He had to have a cake on his REAL birthday so I made another one!

Annie and Elle spent all day coloring and drawing. They made him a 'quite book / activity book' with all sorts of things to do from changing McQueen's tires to tipping tractors! It was so cute. and So thoughtful! You can tell by his face how cool he thinks it is.

Here he is driving Guido around on the race track :)

Proudly displaying his 'Doc' car with the best smile he can muster.
He knows that I want him to smile and he's always so sweet to oblige.

Making all the appropriate 'oo aaah oooo aaaah' grunting noises as he tries very hard to open the present from grandma and grandpa. (even when he stopped helping and daddy opened the rest he never stopped making the noises. So cute)

What kid wouldn't love a squirt bottle! Especially one that was already full of water!This is his face of innocents right before he blasted all of us. You should have seen his delight as everyone squealed and scattered!

He loves Pooh and Tigger! (he often includes them in his prayers and tonight before bed he gave Tigger a hug before putting him on his box and said with a sigh... "I love you Tigger!")
So stinking cute!




We have the best son ever. He has always been such a good little boy. Of course there have been ups and downs a learning curves but over all as long as we are paying attention to him like we should and giving him the respect that we want him to give us he is practically perfect.

And when he wraps his arms around you and gives you a hug followed by a sweet kiss it totally melts your heart. I'm so glad that I'm a mommy. And I'm so glad that I was blessed to have my first child be so wonderful. And I'm so glad that I've had 2 fun years to get to know my little boy. I can't wait to see what the rest of his life brings! I hope that I can teach him and help him grow up to be an honorable, wonderful man like his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment