Thursday, August 20, 2009

Girls Night

So my awesome friend Shannon and I FINALLY had the 'girls movie night' that we've been talking about forever! It was so fun. We watched a very old version of Emma.

It was a hoot. It kept me smiling the whole time. I have to say though that you really fall in love with the characters in the new version and this old one... not so much.

First of all Mr. Knightly was an old, funny looking, balding, rude guy. And that's just not right. But the one that probably kept me laughing the most was Mrs. Elton. Oh goodness! She sounded like a very American person trying to have an English accent but not having a clue what that was so ending up with somewhere between Irish and Canadian, with a stuffed up nose. Too funny.

There were a few fun highlights where they filled in little tidbits of the story that kind of get passed over in the new one. There are several things that definitely make a lot more sense now.

All in all, it was great. Good cookies, good company, good laughs. I hope we can do it again!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed, we shall do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want in! or is this an exclusive club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Meg!!! We'd love to have you. K.C. went over to fix their computer and we just decided spur of the moment to stop procrastinating and just do it! So we did. I think we might try to do something like that on Wednesday evenings while babies are sleeping and husbands are playing Starcraft. I'll keep you posted. That would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete