Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inspiration from my 5 yr old

As I was tucking Craig in to bed tonight he told me how one night he couldn't find the blue flashlight that he sleeps with (the small keychain kind. He usually has it propped up shining on a small picture of the temple and K.C. and I on our wedding day. He always sleeps with it like that right next to his pillow. He says it's to help him not be scared and so he'll always feel like we're with him. SO cute!) anyways he was telling me how he couldn't find the flashlight and then... Every time he pushed on his blanket, or moved, it would light up! (Static electricity?)

Then he stopped and very thoughtfully said. "Mom it was a miracle! A miracle just for me so that I wouldn't be scared! Did you know that a miracle can happen any day? It doesn't have to be the second coming, (pause) or when you're born, it can just happen any day, any time, right when you need it. That's because Heavenly Father loves us. Good night mom! I love you up to the moon and back infinity times!"

Good reminder.

3 comments:

  1. Craig is a deep thinker for a little guy! And I love all the fun quotes...delightful family you've got going there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe.... Tell Craig he's my hero! And thanks for that sweet thought :)

    ReplyDelete