Saturday, October 13, 2012

Savannahs world

When i first came out of the office to see this my initial reaction was "Oh Savannah! I just cleaned this up!"

But then something made me stop and take a second look and I had to smile. We are all so different. Each person has things that are important to them. And each of us is at a very different stage in life. This, this is her life, these are her treasures. This is what gives her joy and it is oh so sweet.

I long for the day when I don't have to have my bookshelf right smack dab in the middle of my entry way so that her frequent and messy adventures with it aren't quite so 'in your face messy'. But for now it's ok.

Whenever it's quiet and I can't hear what she's doing, I usually find her like this (or putting my make up on.) But mostly like this.


This is a perfect depiction of her world.
  1. She ALWAYS has a stack of books. Not one or two mind you, A STACK! Usually too heavy for her to carry so she's always asking for help. They watch shows with her, they go to grandma and grandpas with her, they go in the car with her, to the park, to church and she even sleeps with them! I moved one on her bed one time and I didn't put it in the right place. We had an instant melt down. She explained how I'd done it wrong, fixed the problem by putting in the right place and then said "Mom, me no feel very happy right now!" She knows exactly what she wants and how she wants it. 

    I love to watch her with them, she very carefully scans each page then turns to the next. As soon as she's finished with one she'll pick up another, and she'll usually 'read them' this way for hours on end without making a peep.

  2.  Her baby of course.

  3. Some of Craig's cars. I'm not sure yet whether she just likes them that much or she just knows Craig loves them that much and she wants to push his buttons. But I prefer to think that she just wants to be like him.

  4. Her Dora Pajamas. It's a tearful, devestated Savannah when she has to change out of her special Pajamas. (actually any of her pajamas. she loves them all and can hardly bear the thought of actually wearing regular clothes.)

  5. A game. Any game. She just likes to pull on out of the game closet and have it there. There's always the chance that she'll loose interest in her books for a second or two and having a nice game handy is just the thing. 
Life is for living and loving RIGHT NOW. I am having so much fun dropping my "I'll be happy when's" and finding the joy in the moment. It's been so relieving to me when I walk into a room and start to feel the overwhelming sense of failure that can come if things don't look like I'd like them to, or the constant list of  "things that need done" or if my kids have a different plan about things than I do, to be able to drop the guilt, drop the stress and find the reason for joy. Just like this pile of clutter in my clean room, it turned to a beautiful expression of my sweet Savannah. A picture and a memory that I hope to always have. My pretty princess surrounded by her treasures, happy and loving life. I'm so lucky to be a mom. My kids are constantly helping me to learn and grow.  I LOVE LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment