Monday, April 2, 2012

The Story of the Ear - Part 3 Day 37-?

March 23rd (Day 37)




March 24 - Day 39
Got up at 6:00am to help set up for the yard sale. I wasn't sleeping very good anyways so it was nice to have an excuse to be busy.

Ear still swollen and pushing my jaw open and forward enough that only my front teeth touch. I almost have an under bite with how much it's pushed forward.

Went to the IV with Annie again. It was fun to have everyone being so nice to my 'daughter' hehe. They all thought she was super cute and loved her paparazzi stuff. It was a great conversation opener.

Pain still bad enough that it's hard to go without any help. But I'm concerned about the Ibuprofen and I've taken it long enough that I just don't feel good about it any more. I talked to a pharmacist and my midwife and both agree that pretty much my only option at this point is Tylenol. Hopefully this time it does something for me because it didn't help last time I tried it.

March 31st - Day 46 
Today I felt pretty good. I enjoyed listening to General Conference and was even able to do a little crafting. (mostly left handed) But I think I may have over done it because by evening the IV in my wrist was stinging pretty bad. All of the lumps and hard things attached to the actual IV start to dig into my skin and they're taped down so tight that I can't adjust them. That part gets really painful and itchy.


I finally took the IV out. This one was hard. Ripped most of my hairs out and my poor little arm was all crumpled up and indented under the wrap. Usually after removing an IV it starts to feel better quite quickly, but this one doesn't want me to forget it so easily. It's making my whole arm cramp up.

My sweet kids saw me crying and came running to hug it better. They have been through a lot with this whole thing too! I feel bad for what I put my family through! 



I'll just try to enjoy sleeping without one tonight and try not to think about the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment